TNEI provides a range of commercially focused consenting, technical and environmental services critical to the delivery of new development projects in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Our staff have a combination of planning, environmental and technical expertise in energy related projects and other development sectors. The team has extensive experience gained from both the public and private sectors and includes:
- RTPI qualified planning consultants with backgrounds in local authority, development companies and consultancies
- Project Managers specialising in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), site finding, feasibility and multi-site development projects
- Technical and Environmental Consultants specialising in noise modelling and impact assessment, ecological and ornithological survey and assessment, Geographical Information Systems, site constraint and layout design for wind turbine developments and a range of technology specific technical assessments, such as shadow flicker.
We have extensive experience in managing EIAs to produce robust Environmental Statements and associated documentation for planning submission.
Our staff have a combination of planning, environmental and technical expertise in energy related projects and other development sectors.
Key areas of our EIA service include:
- Pre-screening advice
- Building and coordinating expert EIA teams
- EIA Screening and Scoping
- Robust EIA and Environmental reporting
- Preparation of tailored environmental reports where full EIA is not required
- consulting and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Technical review of EIA inputs
- Devising and managing programmes to avoid project delays.
Wind Farm Design
A pragmatic view is needed by wind farm developers, consenting authorities and consultees to appreciate and accept the size and shape of a wind farm, based on local constraints and considerations. The importance of defining the right layout for a particular site cannot be underestimated in terms of minimising environmental impact and engineering considerations, whilst maximising energy yields.
We provide the technical expertise required for these vital development decisions, and use various software tools including GIS, databases, specialist wind farm development software, and noise prediction models to maximise the potential of a site.
Our services cover all aspects of wind farm design and include:
- Consideration of on-site and near-site environmental and engineering constraints
- Visual aesthetics
- Noise levels and occurrence of shadow flicker at neighbouring dwellings
- Turbine selection
- Road layouts
- Electrical connection
- Financial modelling.