TNEI can directly support landowners and communities from the outset of a project through to its successful operation. This begins with careful and detailed consideration of feasibility where we can advise on:
- The suitability of a piece of land to host a development, taking into consideration all technical, environmental and socio-economic implications
- The process of gaining planning consent and likely associated risks
- The possible scale and form of development
- The likely costs of development, including construction, grid connection and planning costs
- Programmes of community engagement and stakeholder engagement
- Available development routes and the relevant merits (e.g. self funded, lease of land, joint venture).
We can also provide support in gaining access to funding, via routes including:
- CARES (Scotland)
- The Local Energy Challenge Fund (Scotland)
- On-Farm Anaerobic Digestion Loan Fund (England)
- Rural Community Energy Fund (England)
- Crowd funding
- Direct introductions to investors or developers.
Following the initial feasibility stages of a project (which may be eligible to be funded by one of the schemes above), our expert chartered town planners, engineers and environmental consultants can support all stages of the development process.
If you would like to discuss how we might be able to support you in bringing forward your project please telephone 0191 211 1400 or email us.