This training course provides the basics of electrical design of an offshore wind farm and related technologies.
This course is delivered online and covers:
- Offshore wind sector
- Introduction to offshore wind farm technologies
- Introduction to offshore wind farm electrical design
- Array and transmission system voltages
- Issues related to long high voltage AC cables
- Latest design solutions for wind farms further away from the shore
- Technical complexities and potential solutions
- Lessons learned
- Simulations required for design work
- Review of HVDC technologies
- Operations, maintenance and safety
- Commercial and technical challenges
Course duration: 1.5 days
For group bookings, please get in touch to discuss discounted rates. We offer bespoke courses, email us today to discuss your requirements and how this course could be tailored to your needs.
Useful for: Utilities, developers, engineers, students, regulators
What will I learn from this course? Delegates will gain an insight into the technical components that make up an offshore wind farm, and the complexities involved in the design of such large projects. The course also covers aspects associated with HVDC, such as HVDC design basics, VSC switching design, cable technologies, and scheme topologies. You will also learn about wind farm development and construction challenges, general wind farm operations and maintenance, as well as health safety, quality and environment (HSQE) considerations for offshore wind farms.
You will learn from highly experienced consultants with years of service in this sector who have worked on a number of UK and international offshore projects.
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites to attend this course. A knowledge of power sector in general would be helpful but not essential.
How delegates rate this course: 100% of previous attendees would recommend this course to others and overall rated it 9/10.
To book this course or to find out more information please email email@example.com.
Related courses: If you wish to gain a better insight into the connection process for offshore wind farms, please see our ‘Connecting Offshore Wind Farms to the Grid’ training course.